The Salem Urban Development, Community Services, and Housing Commission:
- Advises the City’s five-year strategic plan for
CDBG, HOME, and other HUD grant programs
- Advises funding allocations of CDBG, HOME, and social services general fund
- Makes recommendations to City Council regarding economic development, homelessness and social services, affordable housing, and revitalization needs in the community
- Facilitates the exchange of information to foster coordination of various partners in the community.
Special membership requirements:
- Three at-large members from the general public
- One representative from the Salem Housing Advisory Committee
- Two representatives from non profit social service organizations
- One representative from the United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley
- One at-large member from the City of Keizer
- One representative of for-profit business within the City of Salem
All members must be residents or have their principal place of business in Salem, except for the City of Keizer representative, who must be a resident or have their principal place of business in Keizer.