The Finance Division provides central accounting services for all City departments, the Salem Housing Authority, Urban Renewal Agency, and the Downtown Parking District. Services include management and project accounting, treasury management, cashiering, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and other fiduciary responsibilities.
- Salem Transient Lodging Operators:
As of July 1, 2015, the State of Oregon requires transient lodging intermediaries or online travel companies that sell and collect fees on your behalf using the “merchant model” for reservations to collect, remit, and report the state and local lodging taxes due.
The City of Salem has revised the TOT tax return form along with instructions for completing the return. The revised form is available at http://www.cityofsalem.net/Departments/AdministrativeServices/Finance/Pages/TransientOccupacyTax.aspx
Or click the link shown on the left.
- Management and project accounting responsibilities primarily consist of financial reporting, and cost/grant accounting. These two sections are responsible for the preparation of monthly internal financial reports, and preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), Comprehensive Unit Financial Reports (CUFR) and applicable federal and state reports (i.e. single audit report).
- Treasury Management responsibilities primarily consist of administration of banking services, investment of City funds, debt administration, and financial research.
- Cashiering responsibilities primarily consist of processing over the counter and mail-in payments for water and sewer bills, parking tickets and other City billings.
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll responsibilities primarily consist of the centralized processing of the accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll for all City departments and the Salem Housing Authority.
- Other fiduciary responsibilities consist of the coordination of franchise fee administration, utility rate setting, fee studies, property liens, and the Capital Improvement Program.
- City Lien Search/Payoff on City Lien. To request a lien search or payoff calculation, please complete the Lien Search/Payoff Request Form and fax it to (503) 588-6251.
- Downtown Parking District Tax. The Downtown Parking District Tax was established to provide funding for economic promotion and public parking within the downtown core. Detailed information regarding the tax can be found on the Downtown Parking Tax web page, in Park Salem, the Downtown Parking Tax information booklet, or in Salem Revised Code (SRC) Chapter 7.