The Finance Division provides central accounting services for all City departments, the Salem Housing Authority, Urban Renewal Agency, and the Downtown Parking District. Services include management and project accounting, treasury management, cashiering, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and other fiduciary responsibilities.
- Management and project accounting responsibilities primarily consist of financial reporting, and cost/grant accounting. These two sections are responsible for the preparation of monthly internal financial reports, and preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), Comprehensive Unit Financial Reports (CUFR) and applicable federal and state reports (i.e. single audit report).
- Treasury Management responsibilities primarily consist of administration of banking services, investment of City funds, debt administration, and financial research.
- Cashiering responsibilities primarily consist of processing over the counter and mail-in payments for water and sewer bills, parking tickets and other City billings.
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll responsibilities primarily consist of the centralized processing of the accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll for all City departments and the Salem Housing Authority.
- Other fiduciary responsibilities consist of the coordination of franchise fee administration, utility rate setting, fee studies, property liens, and the Capital Improvement Program.
- City Lien Search/Payoff on City Lien. Title and mortgage companies may obtain City lien and payoff information using the Conduits service at www.conduits.nassets.net. An administrative login must be applied for through City of Salem accounts receivable. To request login credentials send an email to SalemAR@cityofsalem.net. If you choose not to utilize Conduits, please complete our Lien Search/Payoff Request Form and fax it to (503) 588-6251.
Fee Change Notice: On June 23, 2014, City Council passed Resolution 2014-49 regarding lien search/payoff calculation request fees and reconveyance fees. The following lien Search/payoff information request fees will be charged effective September 1, 2014.
* Internet searches using the Conduits service: $20 per parcel per search per day.
* Manual searches received by phone/fax/email/mail: $30 per parcel per search per day.
* Additional Research: $55 per parcel per search per day.
- Transient Occupancy Tax. An updated Transient Occupancy Tax Remittance Return Form is now available in PDF. Printed forms must be submitted with your remittance by the 15th of each month. (SRC 37.080)