Strengthening Neighborhood Association Involvement
By City Council action in September 2006, this task force is to make recommendations to City Council on strengthening neighborhood associations and increasing involvement and participation. For more information on the Task Force, contact the Community Development Department at 503-588-6261.
Note that the minutes of a meeting are not an official record of the Task Force's activities until approved by the members.
These are all pdf documents.
January 8, 2008
January 24, 2008
February 5, 2008
February 21, 2008
March 4, 2008
March 20, 2008
March 25, 2008
Members were appointed by City Council action. For more information about the Task Force or its membership, contact the Community Development Department at 503-588-6261.
Chuck Bennett, City Councilor
- Dan Dorn
- Levi Herrera
- Don Homuth
- John Lattimer
- Dave MacMillan
- Rick Massey
- Brad Nanke, City Councilor
- Pamela Schmidling
- John Shepard
- Sam Skillern
- Thomas Smith
- Kate Tarter, City Councilor
- Laura Tesler, City Councilor
- Staff Support:
- Jan Calvin
- Debbie Kees
Staff reports, articles, work session notes, and other background documents of interest. Documents are in pdf format unless stated otherwise.
Staff Analysis and Recommendations on Neighborhood Task Force Report (5/29/07)
Report to City Council (4/23/07)
City Council Work Session on Goal 5 - Livability and Neighborhoods, Strategy A: Effective Methods to Strengthen the Neighborhood Association Program , City Council staff report, 5/22/06
City Council Goal #5 - Neighborhood Involvement , City Council staff report, 9/5/06
On December 10, 2007, City Council approved the following tasks as the assignment for the Neighborhood Task Force:
See the full staff report
- Assess progress made over the past year to strengthen neighborhood association participation and involvement.
- Develop more specific recommendations regarding the City's annual review process for neighborhood associations.
- Review draft text for SRC revisions intended to clarify the advisory role of neighborhood associations, and include additional recognized roles or a neighborhood association.
- Provide staff with input regarding a set of Administrative Rules or Departmental Policies related to the Neighborhood Association Program.
- Make recommendations about further advancing any of the original recommendations to strengthen neighborhood association participation and involvement that have not yet been acted upon.