Donations to Salem Public Library
We appreciate your interest in supporting Salem Public Library. Donating funds and books is an important way to help Salem Public Library continue to serve our community.
Monetary gifts are gratefully accepted. There are three options for giving to the Library:
- Salem Public Library – Donations directly to the library are accepted in Library Administration or at any library service desk. Gifts may be made in honor of or in memorium for family and friends. You may download and print a donation form here to bring in or mail with a donation.
- Salem Public Library Foundation - The Salem Public Library Foundation is an independent organization dedicated to developing financial resources in support of the Salem Public Library. Financial support from the Foundation provides funds for special projects and programs to enhance Library service. For information, visit their website.
- Friends of the Salem Public Library – The Friends support cultural and educational programs, and promote the growth and improvement of the quality of service at the Salem Public Library. For more information, visit their website.
Donations of books help the library in two ways. Some are selected to add to the shelves and check out to patrons. Others are passed along to the Friends of the Salem Public Library, who raise funds by selling used and donated books in the bookstore located inside the library and at two annual sales in the spring and in the fall. All books must be in good condition.
Guidelines for donating books are:
- Small donations (a few items to a bag) can be taken by staff at any library public service desk.
- Large donations (several bags or a box) can be taken by the Friends of the Library all hours the store is open. There is a receipt given by the Friends of the Library.
- Larger donations (several boxes) should be pre-arranged with the Friends of the Library by calling the Friend's Bookstore at 503-362-1755. A receipt can be provided by the Friends of the Library.