Print virtually any document or web page from your Internet connected pc, mac, phone or tablet using the link below.
Start here http://www.printeron.net/spl/main
The following apps will allow you to print to our printers or find a printer in another location around the world.
Connecting to the library Wi Fi
By connecting to and using the library wifi you agree to abide by our Internet Use Policy
I agree not to use library computers or wifi access to:
1. transmit offensive, threatening, harassing, abusive, or defaming language and images,
2. conduct a business or commercial enterprise, engage in commercial activity, or engage in the sale or promotion of any illegal substance,
3. view, transmit or download pornographic materials,
4. violate intellectual property rights by making unauthorized copies of copyrighted, licensed or otherwise controlled software or data residing on the Internet,
5. intentionally transmit worms, viruses, or other harmful programs,
6. hack into unauthorized computers, networks, or information systems,
7. invade the privacy of others.
I also agree to respect the comfort of other computer users by:
1. keeping conversations quiet,
2. using cell phones in lobbies or outside,
3. confining computer sounds to the headphones,
In addition to the above, violation of any Federal or State statute or local ordinance will be regarded as a violation of library rules. The City of Salem reserves the right to cause to be ejected or refuse further admission to those individuals who violate library rules, create disorder, or engage in illegal activity. Violators are subject to arrest or Trespass under Section 95.550 of the Salem Revised Code. These sanctions are not exclusive and any other remedies available at law or equity to obtain compliance with these rules will be pursued.
Please be advised that
- Due to insurance limitations and warranties, Library staff is not allowed to configure patrons' laptops or install PCMCIA cards.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for any alterations or interference with a laptop's configuration, operation, or data files resulting from connection to the wireless network.
- Virus and security protection is the responsibility of the patron.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for damage, theft, or loss of any kind to a user's equipment, software, data files or other personal property brought into or used at the Library's facilities.
- The Library cannot guarantee that the service will be available at any specific time nor can the Library accept reservations for wireless access.
- The connection shall not be used for illegal or time-consuming commercial purposes. Please restrict your use of the connection to 1 hour while others are waiting.
- Patrons shall defend, indemnify and hold the City of Salem, its officers, employees, and agents harmless against all claims, actions, and judgments based upon or arising out of the patron's use of Library wireless connections.
Getting online is quick and simple, all you need is a wireless-enabled device, such as a laptop, tablet, or smartphone. No special settings, usernames or passwords are required. Select your operating system and follow the steps below.
Quick Setup Settings
SSID (network name) = Salem_Public_Library
Test your connection. If connection fails, you may need to adjust the following settings:
WEP = disable WEP encryption
Mode or Network Type = Infrastructure mode or Access Point
DHCP = Obtain an IP address automatically
DNS = Obtain DNS server address automatically
Windows 7 & 8
Right-click on the wireless network icon on the right side of the Taskbar.
A window with available network connections will open.
Select Salem_Public_Library from the list of available connections.
Right-click on the network connection icon on the right side of the Taskbar.
Click on CONNECT TO A NETWORK.
Select Salem_Public_Library from the list and click CONNECT.
Right-click the network connection icon in the notification area, then click VIEW AVAILABLE WIRELESS NETWORKS.
In CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK, under AVAILABLE NETWORKS, click Salem_Public_Library.
Click the CONNECT button.
Macintosh OS X
Click on the AirPort Icon on the top right side of the Menu Bar.
Select Salem_Public_Library from the list of visible wireless networks.