This form allows you to register as an online customer of our library. Your privileges will be limited to:
- Accessing our online databases
- Downloading Library2Go audiobooks, eBooks, and video
- Requesting item holds (to check out these materials, you will need to visit the library and show valid photo ID and proof of current address at the Registration Desk)
This is an email form. When the form has been received at Salem Public Library, you will receive an email reply within 1-3 business days giving you a library card number that can be used to access the online services listed above. It is essential that you provide a current email address when you complete the form.
To receive a physical card to check out books or other library materials at one of our library locations, use a public-use computer, or take advantage of other services requiring a library card, please show valid photo ID and proof of current address at the Registration Desk at the Central Library or the West Salem Branch.
When you complete an online Salem Public Library Card Application, you are agreeing to the following:
As a Salem Public Library cardholder, I agree to:
- Abide by library rules regarding behavior, public computer use and borrowing materials.
- Keep my library card number secure. I will report a lost or stolen card immediately. I will not allow another person to use my card to access licensed databases or library internet computers.
- Inform the library when my contact information changes.
- Pay all charges assessed on this card. Accounts with $35 or more in charges are submitted to a collection agency.
PARENTS AND GUARDIANS - If the application is on behalf of a child aged 17 or younger, you are also agreeing to the following:
As the parent/guardian of a Salem Public Library cardholder, I:
- Take responsibility for guiding my child’s use the library. I understand that all library materials and services are available to library users of any age.
- Provide my child’s library card to access his or her account.
- Inform the library if my contact information changes.
- Understand Salem Public Library offers filtered internet searching in Youth Services only.