The Salem Police Graffiti Abatement Team tracks, photographs, documents, and ensures the removal of graffiti within the city limits of Salem.
The Salem Police Department tracks graffiti to:
- Identify locations to assist with determining trends that may be occurring;
- Help identify any possible gang activity, such as presence in an area;
- Communicate with residents, property and business owners, and other community stakeholders about related issues in their area;
- Ensure our community maintains its safety and livability;
- Correlate reports to suspects charged with graffiti crimes.
Graffiti affects the entire community; it threatens the sense of safety for those residing or visiting, and costs property and business owners time and money. Please help keep Salem free of graffiti by reporting and removing it immediately.
You may report graffiti to the abatement team by completing the online reporting form, or use one of these other methods to make a report:
1) Call (503) 371-4264
2) Leave your name, telephone number, location of the graffiti, and a brief description.
Mail or fax a report:
1) Click here to print a report form
2) Complete the form with details about the graffiti, its location, etc. Please write legibly.
3) Mail the report to the address on the form, or fax it to (503) 588-6135.