The Salem Police Department provides for the public a receptacle for unneeded or unwanted prescription medications. The drop box is located in the lobby of the police department at 555 Liberty St. SE, Room 130. It is accessible to the public 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
Before bringing your medications, please review the lists below of allowable items, as well as those items we will not accept.
Accepted items include:
· Expired or unwanted prescription medications
· Unknown tablets or capsules
· Unwanted over-the-counter medications
· Veterinary medications
We do NOT accept:
· Needles or syringes
· Medical waste of any type
· Non-medicated over-the-counter items
· Non-medical chemicals of any type
· Bathroom products, such as personal hygiene items
For more information please contact the Crime Prevention Unit at 503-588-6175 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the proper disposal of medications at home, visit:
Please visit these Web sites for more tips on the prevention of drug abuse and the effects of improperly disposed of medications on the environment.