4629 Sunnyside Road SE View Map
Woodmansee is a popular 29-acre Community Park located in South Salem.
In 1952, the South Salem Chamber of Commerce purchased 6.5 acres of land from Dr. and Mrs. A.D. Woodmansee. The Chamber held many fund-raising activities to help pay for the land. In 1957, to make the final payment, the Chamber sold 1.5 acres of land to the Salem Heights Water District. In 1960, the South Salem Chamber was dissolved and the land was deeded to Marion County with the stipulation that the land be developed as a park and it be named Woodmansee.
When the area was annexed to the City in 1964, Marion County transferred ownership of the land to Salem. The City added a 7-acre parcel to the north and eventually acquired more acreage to the south bringing it to the 29-acres that it is today.
Woodmansee is a very attractive park with stands of oak trees, a stream running through the park and a trail system throughout. There are many amenities to enjoy as listed below, including a 9-hole disc golf course.
|One Soccer Field
||Multi Purpose Court|
||9-Hole Disc Golf|