Purpose of Project
Develop a civic engagement strategy to include new technology, and wider representation and participation in decision making.
Desired Outcomes/Project Objectives
- Enhance civic engagement and communication to effectively reach all segments of our community and ensure the broadest possible community awareness and representation in decision making. (City Council Goal)
- Develop a communication and outreach strategy that uses new technology and existing effective best practices including the City’s website, podcasts, webinars, and new technologies as communications tools. (City Council Goal)
- Document cultural resources in North Salem area to map arts and culture assets
- Civic Engagement Plan including methods of optimizing which outreach/involvement tools are most appropriate to utilize for a given program, project, or issue.
- Establish Citizen Involvement Plans to get input for all major Council items. This is item #3 from the 2007 Neighborhood Task Force (NTF) Report.
- Multimedia field guide(s) that map cultural resources in North Salem area
SCI Courses to Support Project:
- Creativity in Strategic Communication, J623 – Fall
- Art and Society, AAD 450-550 – Fall
- Research, ARCH 601 – Spring
Timeline, Major Milestones or Tasks
- Fall: Outreach to North Salem area, Neighborhood Association Chairs and the Chamber of Commerce. A presentation to neighborhood representatives is likely.
- Winter: Council work session presentation.
Primary City Staff Contact
Mike Gotterba, email@example.com 503-588-6347
City Manager’s Office