The Salem Historic Landmarks Commission will present awards to winners of the 2019 "This Place Matters" Historic Photo Contest on May 16, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. in Council Chambers, 555 Liberty Street SE, Salem. The public is invited to attend.
The photo contest consists of four categories: Best Historic Interior, Best Historic Exterior, Best Historic Landscape/Streetscape/Feature, and Best Selfie with a Historic Feature or Building. This year, there were 57 entries in the adult division of the contest, the most submitted in the contest's five years. Photos submitted by youth will be judged separately at the May 16 Historic Landmarks Commission meeting.
All photos will go up on display at the State Capitol Building from May 17 through June 2 as well as the
City's Facebook page.
The winners of this year's adult section of the photo contest are:
- Winner: Jacquie Klose with "This Place Matters – Salem Railroad Station"
- Honorable Mention: Ed Jacobs with "DCS_2411 Gilbert House"
- Winner: Eddie Maestas with "November 16th – Pringle Park"
- Honorable Mention: Ed Jacobs with "DCS_7311 Salem Truss Bridge Walk"
Selfie with a Historic Building or Feature:
- Winner: Jacob Callahan with "Dogs Life"
- Honorable Mention: Camron Settlemier with "Photographing Myself Photographing the Ike Box"
- Winner: Rebekah Willhite with "Capitol Tower – 1926"