About the Park
Geer Park is a 44-acre, community park located at 241 Geer Drive NE. As a Community Park, Geer serves a three-mile geographic area with active and passive activities and reservable features such as a covered shelter and ball fields. The park currently includes both developed and natural walking paths, picnic tables, two baseball fields, two soccer fields, and Salem's only bike park.
About the Master Plan Update
The City is preparing to add new uses and facilities to undeveloped areas in Geer Park. We are asking for input as we update the park master plan to reflect community preferences and meet the Community Park design guidelines and polices identified in the
Salem Comprehensive Park System Master Plan.
You are invited to
visit a virtual open house where you can learn more about the project and give feedback on three different design concepts. The open house is available now. The online survey component of the open house will run through October 3, 2020.
Visit the open house and take the survey
In late 2020, there will be another opportunity to give input before the updated master plan is developed and presented to the Salem Park and Recreation Advisory Board and adopted by City Council.
Project steps and schedule
The process to update the Geer Park master plan began in the spring of 2020. It includes the following steps.
Step 1: Park Assessment and Programing
- April 2020 – Review of existing conditions and park opportunities
- April-May 2020 - Stakeholder interviews
- May 2020 – Development of conceptual park layouts
- June 2020 - Public input through a community survey and virtual open house
Step 2: Design Options
- Summer 2020 – Development of more detailed design options
- September/October 2020 - Public input through a community survey and virtual
Step 3: Preferred Option
- Late 2020 – Development of a preferred design option, Open house to provide input on the preferred option before City Council adoption
Step 4: Adoption Process
Implementation of the master plan will occur when funding is available.