The City partners with U.S. Bank to allow electronic payments from your checking or savings account using a system called ePayments. When you use this system, U.S. Bank will transfer the amount you authorize directly from your checking or savings account to the City of Salem.
The City uses a variety of systems to track and process payments. These instructions are specifically for the ePayments system only. To learn which payment system you need to use, first select the type of payment you would like to make.
Phone transactions may take
three business days to process.
If you want your payment to be posted immediately, you must pay in person at the City's Finance Office during business hours.
Find your customer number and address code
Your customer number and address code are located on the upper left side of your invoice or the return payment stub.
Request an invoice or a refund
If you did not receive your invoice, call or email the Finance Office.
To request a refund, call or email the Finance Office.
Working with the phone system
The phone systems allows you to edit saved payment information.
Log in to the ePayments system
- Call 1-800-430-1685.
- Follow the prompts to select English or Spanish.
- Follow the prompts to log in with your customer number and address code.
Edit a payment method account
After logging into the system:
- Press  to manage your saved payment accounts.
- The system will read a list of payment accounts. Select the account you want to edit.
- The system will read the following to you for the account you selected:
- The routing transit number
- Account ending numbers
- Account type
- Account category
- Choose the desired action:
- To delete the account, press .
- To change the routing transit number, press .
- To change the account number, press .
- To change the account type, press .
- To change the account category, press .
- To select a different account, press .