Structural Final inspections: Call 503-588-6256 during regular business hours and press 0 when you hear the recording. You will be connected to a permit specialist to coordinate the inspections for all City departments. Final inspections for commercial projects include landscape and zoning inspections.
Final Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing inspections: These final inspections can be scheduled online.
Certificates of Occupancy/Final Approval are available upon request after the Final Inspection is approved.
You can use the Salem Permit, License, & Application Services Home (SPLASH) website to schedule inspections that are not final inspections. As a registered user, you can login to:
- Request inspections on any of your permits
- Review inspection results
- Email your inspector
Deferrals and revisions: If your project has a deferred item or a revised item being reviewed by a plans examiner, no inspections on the project can be scheduled online. You must call 503-588-6256 during regular business hours to get approval from the plans examiner.
AM/PM requests are not guaranteed. Inspector workload and routings determine the time of day when inspections are done.
If you need an inspection that is a not a final inspection and all reviews for the project are complete, you can call one of the phone numbers below:
- Building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and sewer and storm (not in the public-right-of way) : Call 503-540-2451 and leave a message with your name, phone number, permit number, job site address and the inspection you want.
- Sidewalks, driveways, and erosion control: Call 503-589-2021.
- Public right-of-way building sewer and storm: Call 503-588-6311.
- Water taps: Call 503-589-2193.
- Public improvements including new streets and sewer lines: An inspector is assigned to your specific project. Contact your project manager directly.
If your project requires inspections after normal business hours, you can submit an off-hours inspection application. A completed application must be submitted at least two business days before the required inspection. Approval of off-hours inspection services is subject to staff availability.