Electronic application and plan review improves efficiency and reduces costs.
Getting started for first-time users
Using e-plan review
Plans preparation: Make sure your documents meet the following standards:
- Formatted according to the plan type’s checklist.
- Saved in PDF format that can be edited.
- All pages of building plans should be in a single file.
- All pages should be rotated to be viewable.
- Files should not be secured.
- Files should not contain digital signatures.
- Saved with the correct file names.
Application submission: Complete and submit the electronic application form for your permit.
Prescreening: Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified by email if information is missing.
Plan review fees: When your application is accepted, you will be notified by email of the plan review fees. Pay the fees online using SPLASH.
Plans upload: Upload your electronic plans and documents using SPLASH.
- The plan review process starts one to two work days after the plans are uploaded. Plans and documents are not accepted by email.
- All city departments review your plans at the same time.
- You will be notified by email if corrections or more information is needed.
Secondary plans upload: You may receive requests for changes or additions from each review area listed on your permit in SPLASH. To make the review process more efficient:
- Wait until all reviews are completed.
- Upload files with all changes clearly identified. Plans and documents are not accepted by email.
- Follow filename standards for secondary uploads.
Plans approval: Once your plans have been approved:
- An email notification containing the final permit fees is sent to the applicant.
- You can pay the fees online using SPLASH or in person.
Once the fees have been paid, the permit will be issued.
Printing permit and plans: Once the permit has been issued, login to SPLASH:
- Print your permit from SPLASH.
- Download your approved plans from SPLASH and print a full-size copy of the plans for your construction site.