Apply for a Zero Wastewater Discharge Permit

Facilities that generate regulated wastewater but do not discharge the wastewater to the City’s system, must apply for a zero wastewater discharge permit and submit the completed form to Environmental Services.

If you are not the owner of the facility, you will need to submit a copy of the contract and other documents indicating your scope of responsibility for the facility. Documentation or registration of the ownership corporation will also be required. The application also asks for detailed information about your water sources and uses in order to calculate discharge limits.

Any business that wants to discharge industrial wastewater to the City’s water treatment processing must apply for a wastewater discharge permit. [Salem Revised Code Chapter 74]

Information on processing and compliance with standards is required to satisfy Federal General Pretreatment Regulations 403.12.

Contact us

Public Works Dispatch
24 hours a day