Once again City employees are invited to an open enrollment
Please join us on Wednesday, October 30, 2018 from 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. at the Salem Public Library in Anderson A/B. The Benefits Fair is a great opportunity to learn more about your benefits.
Advantage Home Plus is offering appointments for home ownership consultations during the fair on October 30, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in the Library Plaza room. Please contact Advantage Home Plus at
(800)376-4603 if you wish to schedule an appointment.
The Benefits Team will also be available at the fair for benefits and open enrollment questions.
Health Hub employee health clinic
The City of Salem has opened a new employee health clinic, the
Health Hub. Participants in the City of Salem PPO plan, who are over the age of 2, may be seen at the Health Hub for $0 cost. Kaiser enrolled participants, High Deductible Health Plan enrolled participants, or employees that opt-out of the City of Salem health insurance that use the clinic will be subject to a per visit fee of $75, payable by payroll deduction. A no call no show fee of $75 payable by payroll deduction may apply. For more information contact Michele Bennett.
The Health Hub is located at 960 Liberty St SE, Suite 170 Salem Oregon. The clinic hours are:
- Monday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Please contact the clinic at
(815)578-6109 to schedule an appointment.
The Health Hub will host
$0 cost drop-in flu vaccines for employees and dependents covered by the City of Salem EBMS PPO or HDHP medical plans every Friday during clinic hours in October and November 2nd. If you are unable to attend one of these sessions, flu shots are also available at the clinic by appointment, at your physician's office, or at any retail pharmacy where vaccines are offered.
- October 19 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- October 26 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- November 2 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Kaiser Permanente will also have a vendor on-site at the health clinic only for the below dates/times to provide
$0 cost drop-in flu vaccines for Kaiser enrolled employees and dependents. Kaiser enrolled members can also attend a drop-in Kaiser flu shot clinic at one of the Kaiser locations October 6th - 19th. Contact Kaiser Permanente at
(800)813-2000 for additional information or to schedule an appointment.
- October 19 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- October 26 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
What's changing for 2019:
- The Health Care account annual maximum has increased to $2,650.00. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) are calendar year accounts.
If you wish to elect a 2019 deduction, please complete the Flexible Spending Enrollment form. The form must be completed each year.
- The health insurance premiums have increased,
refer to the health plan options document below for additional details. Your portion of the premium will be deducted on your December paychecks. Premiums are pro-rated for part-time employees.
- The City contribution to the Health Savings Account (HSA) is increasing to $81.84 per month for the employee only HDHP enrollment, and $237.34 per month for employee plus dependent(s) HDHP enrollment. Pro-rated per FTE for part-time employees.
- The 2019 annual contribution limit for the Health Savings Account (HSA) is increasing to $3,500 for the employee only and $7,000 for employee plus dependent(s). If you are age 55+, you may also contribute an additional $1000.
What do I need to do?
Your current health insurance plan selections and covered dependents will remain the same unless you complete a form during open enrollment to elect a change.
However, the following items must be completed to maintain benefit coverage:
- If you wish to waive the City of Salem health insurance for 2019, you
must complete a new health insurance waiver form and provide proof of other qualifying health insurance.
- If you wish to enroll in a 2019 Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you
must re-enroll and complete a new FSA Enrollment form each year.
- If you are enrolled in the HDHP medical plan with the HSA, you must complete a new HSA Enrollment form each year.
- All employees that will use the health clinic must complete a Health Hub Service Agreement form.
All forms must be received by the Human Resources office before 5:00 p.m. on November 1, 2018.
The effective date of all benefit changes is January 1, 2019