Please join us on
October 15, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Salem Public Library in room Anderson A/B. The
Benefits Fair is a great opportunity to learn more about your benefits. The Benefits team will also be available at the fair for benefits and open enrollment questions.
Health Hub will be providing flu shots during the fair from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the Library Plaza room.
Nationwide Pet Insurance
The City of Salem has a new voluntary pet insurance benefit. A pet insurance policy can help you plan for your pet’s healthcare costs. Get a free, no-obligation quote today at 877-738-7874 or online at
Nationwide Pet Insurance
What’s changing for 2020:
- The Health Care account annual maximum has increased to $2,700.00. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) are calendar year accounts.
If you wish to elect a 2020 deduction, please complete the Flexible Spending Enrollment form. The form must be completed each year.
- The health insurance premiums have increased,
refer to the health plan options document below for additional details. Your portion of the premium will be deducted on your December paychecks. Premiums are pro-rated for part-time employees.
- The City contribution to the Health Savings Account (HSA) is increasing to $90.17 per month for employee only HDHP enrollment, and $261.50 per month for employee plus dependent(s) HDHP enrollment. Pro-rated per FTE for part-time employees
- The 2020 annual contribution limit for the Health Savings Account (HSA) is increasing to $3,550 for employee only, and $7,100 for employee plus dependent(s). If you are age 55+, you may contribute an additional $1,000
What do I need to do?
Your current health insurance plan selections and covered dependents will remain the same unless you complete a form during open enrollment to elect a change.
However, the following items must be completed each year to maintain benefit coverage:
- If you wish to waive the City of Salem health insurance for 2020, you must complete a new health insurance waiver form. If you are an AFSCME, PCEA, or Unrepresented employee that qualifies for the opt-out incentive, you must complete a new health insurance opt-out waiver incentive form and provide proof of other qualifying health insurance each year.
- If you wish to enroll in a 2020 Flexible Spending Account, you must re-enroll and complete a new FSA Enrollment form each year.
- If you are enrolled in the HDHP medical plan with the HSA, you must complete a new HSA Enrollment form each year.
All forms must be received by the Human Resources office before 5:00 p.m. on
November 1, 2019.
The effective date of all benefit changes is January 1, 2020