If you are a Salem Public Library card holder, you can borrow materials not available through our main catalog, Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service, through an interlibrary loan from other libraries in the United States.
Things to check before placing a request
Verify the following information before placing an interlibrary loan request:
- Your account information, making sure the mailing address, phone number, and email address are current. If any of the information is out of date or inaccurate, stop by the Check Out desk before placing your request.
- Your preferred method for receiving notifications. Change it, if needed, before placing your request.
- The main library catalog to see if we have the materials you are looking for. You may be able to receive it quicker and at no additional charge, if it is in our system.
Staff is available at the
Ask Here Desk on Floor 2 to help you identify and request items through interlibrary loan.
Charges and limitations
The following information may help you decide if an interlibrary loan is right for you:
- Each interlibrary loan item request has a $1 charge.
- Postage, insurance, and other fees may be charged by the lending library.
- You can have up to five interlibrary loan requests in process at a time.
- We are unable to fill requests for current year items except photocopies of magazine articles.
- To maintain compliance with copyright laws, you may request one article per magazine issue at a time, and no more than five articles per magazine title per year.
Most items will be available for you within two to four weeks of placing your request. Loaned items are held at the
Check Out Desk.
You are encouraged to return your loaned materials by the due date. Renewals are possible under limited circumstances. If you would like to request a renewal please contact us at least one week before the due date. If you return items after the due date overdue charges will occur.