The Center 50+ Advisory Commission serves as an advisory commission to the City Council and Center 50+ staff in matters related to the operations of the center.
Meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month at 9:00 a.m.
Special membership requirements:
- Commission shall consist of seven community members, six of which shall be 50 years of age or older
- Eight other members shall be representatives of Center 50+ partners:
- Chemeketa Community College
- Northwest Senior & Disability Services
- Friends of the Salem Senior Center
- Salem Hospital Foundation
- Marion-Polk Food Share
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Chamber of Commerce
- Salem Electric
- All members shall be appointed by the Mayor