Chicken and duck facilities
A “chicken and duck facility” includes a coop and runway. A coop is a roofed shelter for chickens and ducks, and may not be more than 120 square feet. A runway is a fully enclosed fenced area connected to the coop. The coop and runway create an indoor and outdoor environment for the chickens.
When ducks are present, a facility must also include a water source. A “water source” is a clean supply of water in a pond, wading pool, tub or other container large enough for the duck to fit its entire body and deep enough to submerse its head.
- Chickens and ducks must remain confined at all times within the facility, except when under control of an owner or custodian
- Facility must not produce noise or odor that creates a nuisance for neighbors
- Facility must have at least six square feet of run space and at least three square feet of coop space per chicken or duck
Location of your chicken facility:
- In the rear yard
- At least three feet away from any other building on the property
- At least 25 feet away from a residence on an adjacent unit of land