Express Service at the Main Library, 585 Liberty St. SE, offers browsing, check out, holds pickup, and limited public computer use. The library is open to all walk-in visitors for Express Service:
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday
The Friends of Salem Public Library Bookstore is open near the front entrance from 11 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday.
Know before you come:
- Masks worn over the mouth and nose are required at all times inside the library.
- We will welcome a maximum of 200 visitors in the building at one time.
- Visitors are asked to limit their stay to a maximum of one hour.
- Public computers are available for a maximum of one hour per day; public WiFi access will be available.
- Some services/areas will be temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19, including: in-person programs and storytimes; meeting and study rooms; Discovery Room; Teen Scene Room; the Plaza Level; and the West Salem Branch.
Curbside Service by appointment is available from 12-3 p.m. Sundays. The library building is closed to the public on Curbside Service days.
The outdoor book return at the Main Library is available 24/7.