The City provides a wide range of floodplain information and services to the community including maps, boundary verification, and flooding data.
The City can determine the relationship of a particular property to the floodplain, including:
- Whether the property is located within the
FEMA mapped Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA)
- Flood Insurance Rate Map information for the property
- Base flood elevation and flood depth data for property, if available
- Whether the property is located within the floodway
- Natural floodplain function areas that should be protected, such as wetlands
Please contact us for further assistance with these services.
Flood maps and studies
FEMA produces Flood Insurance Studies and Flood Insurance Rate Maps
FIRM. These resources describe flood hazards based on the best available science and information available. They serve as the bases for determining when floodplain development and insurance requirements apply to structures. The City of Salem maintains copies of all
FIRM panels and the Flood Insurance Study for the City of Salem. Copies or further information is available by request.
Navigate and view the
local floodplain map which includes parcels,
FIRM information, and floodway and floodplain boundaries.
FEMA floodplain maps online to find all flood hazard mapping products created under the National Flood Insurance Program.