The Health Hub is operated by Medcor, a nationwide provider of employee health clinics.
What services are offered?
- Diagnose and treat injuries, illnesses, and conditions, such as:
- Colds, cough, congestion and flu
- Ear aches, and sore throats
- Seasonal allergies (e.g. Hay Fever)
- Bladder infection
- Strains and sprains
- Cuts, abrasions, burns, and bruises
- Skin problems such as acne, rashes, poison ivy, and shingles
- Physical and wellness visits
- Routine well woman and well man exams
- Sports and camp physicals
- Blood pressure screening and counseling
- Diabetes screening and counseling
- Management of chronic medical conditions including:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Medication management and education
- Immunizations (e.g. flu, tetanus)
- Routine lab tests including instant results for:
- Strep throat
- Blood sugar
How can I schedule appointments?
- To make your first appointment, simply call the clinic at 815-578-6109.
- If you are interested in schedule appointments online, at the end of your first appointment, ask for a code/token to create an online profile. To ensure security of medical records, patients must visit the clinic in person before using the online service.
- Always bring your insurance card to your appointment to verify your insurance.
Can my family members use The Health Hub?
- Yes, your spouse/partner and children (over the age of 2) can be seen at The Health Hub.
How much does it cost to use The Health Hub? Are there any costs for labs?
- Participants in either the City's preferred provider or Kaiser Permanente medical plans, who are over the age of two, may be seen at The Health Hub. There is no office fee for City PPO or Kaiser Permanente participants. A no call, no show fee may apply for those who miss their scheduled appointments.
- Employees who are insured under the High Deductible Health Plan or who opt out of the City's health plan coverage will incur a charge of $75 per visit. The Health Hub does not bill other insurance.
- Contact Carrie Wagner in Employee Benefits if you have questions about your health plan coverage.
- Per visit fees:
- EMBS PPO medial plan $0.00
- Kaiser Permanente medical plan $0.00
- EBMS HDHP medical plan $75.00
- Opt-Out plan $75.00
How does the clinic staff communicate with my primary care provider or a needed specialist?
With your written permission, our clinic staff will call your primary care provider or preferred specialist, directly. This ensures that your private medical information is safely communicated when discussing any of our findings. All employees that will use the health clinic must complete a Health Hub Service Agreement.
Can I get a prescription at the clinic?
Yes, our provider will make sure you get the medication you need. We can prescribe refill medication (e.g. blood pressure medication) but will not do so if you have not seen your primary care provider in over a year. The Health Hub can dispense simple prescriptions, such as antibiotics and Tamiflu, right from the clinic. The Health Hub does not dispense narcotics. Prescriptions dispensed through an outside pharmacy will continue to be subject to the applicable copays.
How can I access Patient Portal services?
Medcor's clinic staff can help you register for the Patient Portal. The first step is to schedule a visit at the clinic. While there, we will provide you with a code/token that will serve as your password when creating an account. While this may feel like one extra step, it is an important safeguard that is in place to protect your personal health information.