The City partners with U.S. Bank to allow electronic payments from your checking or savings account using a system called Online Bill Pay. When you use this system, U.S. Bank will transfer the amount you authorize directly from your checking or savings account to the City of Salem.
The City uses a variety of systems to track and process payments. These instructions are specifically for the Online Bill Pay system only. To learn which payment system you need to use, first select the type of payment you would like to make.
Online transactions may take three business days to process.
If you want your payment to be posted immediately, you must pay in person at the City’s Finance Office during business hours.
Find your customer number and zip code
Your customer number is on the upper right side of your invoice and the billing zip code is in the 'Bill To' section
Request an invoice or a refund
If you did not receive your invoice, call or email the Finance Office.
To request a refund, call or email the Finance Office.
How to use the "Online Bill Pay" system
The Online Bill Pay website allows you to pay your invoices online.
Enroll in the Online Bill Pay system
- Click on the Enroll Now button
- Click Continue
- Enter your customer number and Zip code
- Check I'm not a robot and click continue
- Agree to terms of Service Agreement
- Enter email address
- Create Login and Password
- Choose Security Question and Answer
- Create Paymnet Method
- Save Changes
- Review and continue to Account Summary page.
Login to the Online Bill Pay system
Open the Online Bill Pay website in a web browser
- Log in with your Login ID and Password
- Under AR web, select the invoice you are paying
- Click on Schedule One Time Payment
- Choose payment method
- Choose payment amount
- Click Continue
- Click Confirm
Cancel a "scheduled" payment
Only payments in
Scheduled status can be canceled. After logging into the system, from the "I would like to...":
- Click the View Payment Activity.
- Click on the pen to edit or trash can to delete
- Click the red 'Yes Cancel it' button to cancel scheduled payment
Look up a payment confirmation number
After logging into the system, from the Account Summary screen:
- Click the AR Web test at the top right of the page to see your invoice information.
- Form the "I would like to..." Click 'View Payment Activity'
Technical support including browser requirements.
Website problems: If the ePayment website is not working or does not recognize your account, please report the problem to the Finance Office.
Online help: Get Online Bill Pay website help.