Due to COVID-19, parks and other City facilities are not available for reservation. Continue to check in here, on the City's COVID-19 information center for all City service impacts, or dial our offices at 503-588-6211.
If you are planning an event on City property, you will need a community event permit. (Salem Revised Code (SRC) Chapter 104). Depending on the activities at your event, you may need other permits such as a sound permit or tent permit.
Examples of a community event requiring a permit include:
- A run/walk event
- Product fair
Allow a minimum of 30 calendar days to process your application(s). Bring the following to the Recreation Services office:
- Completed community event permit application:
- Detailed site plan of the event including canopies, bleachers, chemical toilets, fencing, etc. For Riverfront Park events, a map is included in the application packet.
Proof of insurance
permit application fees
When your community event application is submitted, you may be advised about additional permits required for your event.
Short-term concessionaire permit
If you plan to contract with food, craft, and other concession operations for your event, the following is required:
- You must provide the City with a list of the approved concessionaires for your event.
- Each vendor must submit the following at least 30 days before the event:
Event organizer responsibilities
You are responsible for the following:
Permits/Documents: Provide the City will all necessary permits and documents 30 days prior to the event.
Clean-up: Event organizers shall make arrangements for the clean-up, disposal, and off-site removal of waste and garbage. The use of City services for this purpose shall be charged back to the organizers.
Cost reimbursement: In addition to the application fees, you are responsible for reimbursing the City for actually costs caused by the event that require the City to exceed its usual staffing levels. This includes:
- Opening and closing public right-of-ways
- Directing or managing vehicle or pedestrian traffic
- Litter and debris clean up