Access and services at the Salem Public Library will increase beginning March 8 in response to recent news that Marion and Polk counties have moved to the state's "High Risk" category, from the "Extreme Risk" category occupied since November 2020.
- Limited, contactless Curbside Service expands - Patrons will continue to be able to make appointments to pick up holds and drop off checked out library materials on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Patrons making appointments will see more appointments available per time slot and more hours of available service beginning with the March 8 schedule.
- Operation Bookshelf resumes - This service, in partnership with the Assistance League of Salem, will restart the Operation Bookshelf program which delivers books to the front porches of qualified library cardholders who are unable to visit the library because of disability, extended illness, residence in a care facility, or advanced age.
- Take & Make Craft pickups planned - Monthly Take & Make Kits, all-ages kits packed with all the supplies and instructions for an enjoyable making/crafting experience, will resume on Saturday, March 20. Future Take & Make pickup days will be announced as they are planned. Stay up to date by signing up for email notices from Salem Public Library.
- Books4Kids restarts delivery to community partners - Working with a variety of community partners serving families in need during COVID-19, Books4Kids provides youth ages 0-18 with a backpack including books to keep, literacy activities, and library information. New worksite parameters will allow staff to return to preparing and delivering these packs to partner agencies.
- Hot spots available to check out - Beginning March 8, Salem Public Library, as part of a larger initiative of the Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (CCRLS), will have circulating hot spots available to reserve and pick up through limited, contactless Curbside Service appointments. Watch for additional information about how to check out and use the hot spots.
One thing that won't change: Salem Public Library staff continues to be here to answer all your questions, from general information to library services.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 503-588-6315 (leave a message; we will call you back)
- Live chat with a Salem librarian (when available)
In addition, the library's array of Virtual Services is available 24/7, with access to download free ebooks, eaudiobooks, and movies, do research, find information, study, and more.