Little Free Libraries are small, cabinet sized libraries that could go anywhere. Everyone is welcome to take or leave a book. These have been popping up all over the world since 2009.
Little Free Libraries are about connecting with your neighbors and sharing common interests. The design of each library reflects the unique personality of the people who use and care for it.
Connect with Little Free Library Stewards in Salem
Find a Little Free Library
You can find a registered Little Free Library:
- Open the
Little Free Library map.
- Enter your search criteria.
Thinking about building a Little Free Library in your Neighborhood?
Standards for Little Free Libraries within the City of Salem
- Placed in front yard behind sidewalk
- 48" tall maximum
- 10' from any driveway or alley
- 50' from any street corners
- Must be sound and secure
- Adjacent street parking available
- Use caution digging near streets/sidewalks. Call 811/visit
- If your home/neighborhood is historic call
Get help for your building project
Find libraries all over the world and about learn what it takes to build and maintain new ones at
Your local Community Partnership Team might be able to offer support.
Find out about Salem Partnership Teams.