You can pay your City of Salem utility bill with:
- VISA or MasterCard debit card
- VISA or MasterCard credit card
- Automatic Bill Pay
- Money order
To pay your bill online and manage your utility account, you can register with the
online utility billing system.
Registered users can also:
- View billing and payment history for up to the past five years
- Enroll in paperless billing
- Enroll in Automatic Bill Pay
If you are not registered, you can pay your bill online using the
Quick Pay option.
Payments made online may take up to 72 hours to be applied to your account. If your service is pending disconnection or has been disconnected, please contact Customer Services Utility Billing and provide the confirmation code of your recent payment.
You can make your payments simple by
enrolling in the City of Salem’s free Automatic Bill Pay service. You can choose to have funds deducted directly from your checking or savings account, or to have your debit or credit card automatically charged each month.
You will still get a monthly utility bill that shows the amount due and the date it will be paid, but the payment stub will read: “Do not pay. Amount will be deducted automatically.”
Benefits of Automatic Bill Pay:
- Your bill will always be paid on time, even if you are away from home
- Automatic Bill Pay saves paper and helps conserve natural resources
- It is free and convenient
Mail a check
You can mail a check with your invoice payment stub to:
P.O. Box 2795
Portland, OR 97208-2795
Checks should be made out to City of Salem, and should include your utility account number in the notes section.
Pay in person
This service is temporarily suspended due to the increasing number of new Coronavirus infections in our community and additional guidance provided by public health agencies.
Pay by telephone
You can pay electronically over the phone by calling 1-800-430-1378.
Payments made by telephone may take up to 72 hours to be applied to your account. If your service is pending disconnection or has been disconnected, please contact Customer Services Utility Billing and provide the confirmation code of your recent payment.
Pay at a drop box location
You can drop your payment with your invoice payment stub at one of the following drop box locations:
- City of Salem, 555 Liberty Street SE, Room 230, Salem, OR
- City of Salem Civic Center, Liberty Street drive-through
- West Salem Public Library, 395 Glen Creek Road NW, Salem, OR
- Public Works Operations, 1410 20th Street SE, Building 2, Salem, OR
Do not place cash in the drop box. Payments placed in the drop box may take up to 72 hours to be applied to your account. If your service is pending disconnection or has been disconnected, please do not place a payment in the drop box.