Public Computer Locations
- Main Library, Floor 1
- Main Library, Floor 2 Children's Corner (for use by ages 0-18 only)
Wireless Printing Services
The library offers wireless printing from most personal devices.
- Send your print job from the SmartAlec print platform or use the SmartAlec app, which is available on GooglePlay or the Apple store. Print jobs are stored on the library server for 4 hours.
- The printers are located near the public computers on Floor 1 of the Main Library, Floor 2 Children's Corner, and at the West Salem Branch.
- To retrieve your file, enter the email address you used to submit the file at the print release station located near the printer.
- Black and white printing is free for the first 10 pages, then 10 cents per additional page. Color printing is 75 cents per page.
Connect to the Library Wi-fi
- The Wi-Fi network name is Salem_Public_Library. No special settings, usernames, or passwords are required.
- Due to insurance limitations and warranties, Library staff is not able to configure patrons' personal devices.
- The library assumes no responsibility for any alterations or interference with a laptop or other personal device's configuration, operation, or data files resulting from connection to the wireless network.
- Virus and security protection is the responsibility of the patron.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for damage, theft, or loss of any kind to a user's equipment, software, data files or other personal property brought into or used at the Library's facilities.
- The Library cannot guarantee that Wi-Fi service will be available at any specific time nor can the library accept reservations for wireless access.
- Patrons sh all defend, indemnify and hold the City of Salem, its officers, employees, and agents harmless against all claims, actions, and judgments based upon or arising out of the patron's use of library wireless connections.
The Main Library has dedicated database computers on Floor 1 of the Main Library. A library card is not required to use these computers in the library. Database computers are useful for a variety of research needs including homework, job searches, auto repair manuals, consumer information, newspaper archives, and more.
Library eResources can also be accessed from home or on personal devices in the library with an SPL library card.