During the summer and early fall, you can register for outdoor activities, track and field meets, run and walk events, sports programs, and weeklong summer camps for youths.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is encouraged, and registration is finalized once fees are paid in full.
online registration system to sign up for activities.
Register in person
You can also register in person at Recreation Services, which is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays, and remains open during the lunch hour.
The City of Salem provides programs taught by City Recreation Leaders as well as partnership programs
taught by contracted instructors. Programs led by Recreation Leaders offer fee waivers to qualified City of Salem residents.
To receive a fee waiver the parent/guardian must live within Salem city limits and provide proof of one of the following in person at the Recreation Services office:
- Oregon Trail Card
- Oregon Health Plan
- WIC Card
- Letter of free/reduced lunch program
If you would like more information, please call Recreation Services.
Cancellations and refunds
The City of Salem reserves the right to cancel programs when minimum enrollment is not met.
- When programs are canceled, full refunds are issued.
- Refunds requested before the first day of programs will be reimbursed at half the registration fee.
- Refunds requested after the first day of programs will not be granted.
Refunds can be requested by calling Recreation Services.
Special accommodations are available, upon request, for persons with disabilities or languages other than spoken English.
Accommodations may be requested one of two ways:
- When registering for programs online, note the requested accommodation when adding participant information.
- Call Recreation Services at least three business days in advance.
If you need help understanding this information, please call Recreation Services.