Report Barking Dogs and Noise Complaints

Noise complaints can include barking dogs, loud vehicles, gatherings, or music. 

Steps to take before reporting

​We encourage you to attempt the following options when it is reasonable and sa​fe to do so before calling the police: 

  1. ​Contact the invol​​​​ved party or property manager for resolution.

  2. Involve a community resource, such as Neighbor-to-Neighbor​.

  3. Work through your neighborhood association​.​​

Make a noise complaint

Noises in residential or public areas: Call the Salem Police Department’s non-emergency number.

Commercial or industrial noise: Contact Compliance Services at 503-588-6421 during business hours.​​

Barking dogs and other noise complaints in residential areas should be reported to the Police non-emergency phone number.

Contact us

Salem Police Department Non-Emergency ReportingPolice Department
333 Division ST NE
Salem OR 97301
503-588-6123Non-emergency number. For emergencies, dial 9-1-1.
Follow us