In an emergency, call 9-1-1
Call 9-1-1 immediately if you are in danger, if someone is hurt, or if a crime is in progress.
Examples of an emergency:
- You see someone breaking into a vehicle on your street.
- You hear yelling or screaming next door.
- You are seriously injured.
Report non-emergency crime
You can report non-emergency crime by using one of the following methods:
Call our non-emergency dispatch number 503-588-6123; select option 1.
Online Police Reporting System to report crimes meeting these criteria:
- The incident is one of the following crime types:
- Lost property
- Unlawful entry into a motor vehicle
- Telephone harassment
- The incident occured within the city limits of Salem
- There are no known or named suspects
- The incident is not domestic related
- The incident is not a crime involving the loss of firearms or prescription medicine