You can request police records in person or by mail from the Salem Police Department at:
Salem Police Department Records Section
555 Liberty ST SE RM 130
Salem OR 97301
Requests cannot be accepted through email.
Fill out the
Salem police records request form (English form) or
formulario de solicitud de registros públicos (Spanish form). After the Records section receives your request, it will take a minimum of 72 hours to process it.
Companies who have a billing account with us may send requests by fax to 503‑588‑6329.
You can get a copy of a police report if the investigation and prosecution have been completed.
Fees for a police report:
- If you are a victim of a crime, there is no fee for the first copy of your police report.
- $10 non-refundable deposit, included in the base fee
- $20 for a 1–24 page report
- $30 for a 25–50 page report
- $50 for reports greater than 50 pages
- Additional fees for extra staff time may apply if request takes longer than 30 minutes to research. The fee is based on the salary and benefits of staff, and charged in 15 minute increments.
Request a list of Salem Police citation and incident reports involving a particular person. The list includes the person’s name, incident type, date of occurrence, incident number, and how the person was involved (for example: victim, complainant, arrested, etc.).
Fee for a name search: $15 per name
Get a list of Salem Police citation and incident reports at a particular address. The list includes the incident type, date of occurrence, and incident number.
Fee for an address search: $15 per address
You can get copies of photos related to a police report if the photos are releasable.
Fees for photographs:
- $1 per photo
- $20 per CD (digital photos)
Records check letter or visa letter
Request a letter that states whether you have a criminal record in Salem. This letter may be used when applying for a work or travel visa. To get this letter, submit a written request and a copy of your photo identification.
- $15 for a records check letter
- $20 for a notarized records check letter
- $22 for a visa Letter
You can get copies of videos related to a police report if the videos are releasable.
$10 plus staff time for research, retrieval, review for possible exemptions and redactions. Staff time charge is based on the salary and fringe benefits of the employee charged with the task, coverted to an hourly rate. Time is charged in 15-minute increments with a 15-minute minimum.
911 audio recordings
Learn how to
request 911 audio and other recordings.