The City of Salem is preparing to add new uses and facilities to undeveloped areas of Geer Park, a 44-acre community park located at 241 Geer Drive NE. As a first step, we are updating the park master plan.
Visit our virtual project open house to learn about and provide feedback on the master plan update. The online open house will be available through June 21, 2020.
At the open house, you can:
- Learn about park development opportunities at Geer Park
- See initial park layout ideas
- Take a survey to share what park features you would like to see and where those features should be located
- Ask questions
- Make comments
Visit Geer Park Open House
Updating the master plan for Geer Park presents big opportunities. Due to its designation as a community park, a wide-range of popular recreational uses can be considered. Our specific goals for the planning project include:
- Add a community skate park
- Add several standard community park facilities missing from the park, including a playground, picnic area, and shelter
- Assess whether to add optional community park facilities, such as concessions or a community garden
- Evaluate the location and layout of additional sports fields and parking
- Improve path connections
- Integrate the existing bike park features into the park
- Identify a phasing strategy for implementing the master plan
Anyone with questions is encouraged to contact Rob Romanek at
[email protected] .
If you need help accessing the virtual open house, please call 503-588-6211. Printed materials and accessibility services will be provided upon request.
Follow the project
Subscribe to receive project updates by email.
Geer Park page for the latest project information.