Updated 3/19/2020: Check the City's
COVID-19 information center for all City service impacts.
The City of Salem is actively monitoring the Coronavirus status with the State of Oregon, county, tribal and municipal agencies, Oregon health care providers, and Oregon Health Authority under consultation of the Center for Disease Control. The Oregon Health Authority is lead agency in monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus, also called COVID-19.
For up to-date information on the virus, see Oregon Health Authority’s Emerging Respiratory Disease page: www.healthoregon.org/coronavirus Each Tuesday, the Oregon Health Authority will provide an update on the situation in Oregon. Available data includes the number of persons being monitored in Oregon, the persons under investigation and the results of recent tests.
Oregon Health Authority’s web page features frequently asked questions, fact sheets and resources from:
The best defense against viruses is to:
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- Maintain social distancing – maintain at least three feet distance between yourself and other people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Wipe down work and home surfaces such as phones, door handles, keyboards, and counters frequently with alcohol based disinfectant wipes or sprays.
- Seek medical guidance early with health concerns.
If you have specific concerns, dial 2-1-1 to connect with health organizations.