Beginning Mon. June 3, 2019, motorists will be asked to use caution as they travel along Center Street NE between 23rd Street NE and Jason Street NE due to upgrades being made to underground utilities. Please watch for shifting lanes and flaggers. The project will also close 23rd Street between Center Street NE and B Street NE from June 5 to June 19.
Please plan ahead and consider alternate routes such as State Street or Market Street. The City thanks commuters for their patience as it makes improvements to Salem’s underground infrastructure. The project is expected to be complete by September 2019.
This project adds to the list of ways the City is continually improving utility infrastructure in Salem.
Other improvements currently under way include:
- A water main replacement on 45th Avenue NE (will be completed by July 2019);
- Wastewater force main improvements on Cordon Road SE (will be completed by September 2019);
- A water main rehabilitation on Oxford Street SE (will be completed by November 2019);
- Water pump station upgrades on Boone Road (will be completed by the end of 2019).
Other projects completed in the past year include:
- Water main replacements on Willa Lane SE;
- 15th Court S water main replacements on 15th ;
- Water main replacements on Lee Street SE;
- A water main loop at the Mill Creek Corporate Center.