Crews continue to respond to the large amount of fallen trees and debris from the weekend winter storm and anticipate that all public streets will be clear for vehicular travel by Tuesday, Feb. 16. The exception may be locations still awaiting power lines to be removed. A total of 653 downed tree/limb locations have been logged and 476 have been addressed with a "cut and push aside" response at a minimum.
There are about 40 traffic signals still without power across Salem. Please continue to use caution on Salem roads.
Information on Power Outages:
Local Area Updates:
- Mission Street SE continues to be closed between Liberty and High Street (due to power lines in downed trees
- A number of smaller roadways across Salem still have partial closures in place
- Minto Brown Island Park - closed to the public (due to downed and damaged trees)
- Bush's Pasture Park - large number of trees down making the area hazardous (please avoid these areas)
- Please avoid tree-lined areas within all Salem parks.
Facilities Now Open-
- Salem Airport
- Salem Library Curbside Services resumes Tuesday Feb. 16
People needing temporary shelter or additional assistance may contact the Cascades Region of the American Red Cross at 503-585-5414.
Salem seniors are encouraged to call 503-588-6303 ext. 6349 or email [email protected] for Wow Van assistance and services.
Thank You Salem residents for reaching out and helping neighbors in need.
We will continue to update the public on our City's website and social media channels.