About the Park
Woodmansee Park is a 30-acre, developed Community Park located at 4629 Sunnyside Rd SE. As a community park, it serves a three-mile geographic area and provides a variety of active and passive activities with reservable features such as a covered shelter and ball fields.
View the current Woodmansee Park Master Plan.
About the Master Plan Update
A master plan update is underway, and we need your input! This update has two components:
- A review of current features and activities to see what amenities are desired by the community for future additions, and
- Improvements to the
Aquifer Storage and Recovery System (ASR) located in the park that provides a backup source of treated drinking water for Salem residents.
To reduce the chance of spreading Coronavirus and to maintain compliance with associated restrictions, including limiting gatherings, three open houses will be held online. Visit the virtual open houses to learn about and provide feedback on the park master plan update.
Community Input Opportunities - First and Second Open Houses Available for Viewing
Woodmansee Park Virtual Open House #2
Woodmansee Park Virtual Open House #1
A third open house will be available winter 2020 with a preferred design for the park.
At the open houses, you can:
- Learn about the current features at Woodmansee Park.
- Understand the need to expand and improve the Aquifer Storage and Recovery System (ASR) at the park.
- Review park designs and how they incorporate existing and new features including the ASR facility.
- Take surveys
- Send us a comment or question, and let us know if you would like us to contact you.
Sign-up to receive email updates
Receive updates on the master plan update as it moves forward.
Click here to subscribe to park planning update emails.