About the Park
Woodmansee Park is a 30-acre, developed Community Park located at 4629 Sunnyside Rd SE. A Community Park is a classification identified in Salem’s Comprehensive Park System Master Plan as serving a three-mile geographic area and providing a variety of active and passive activities with reservable features such as a covered shelter and ball fields.
About the Master Plan Update
A master plan update is underway, and we need your input! This update has two components:
- A review of current features and activities at the park to see what amenities are desired by the community for future additions to the park, and
- Improvements to the
Aquifer Storage and Recovery System (ASR) located in the park that provides a backup source of treated drinking water for Salem residents.
To reduce the chance of spreading Coronavirus and to maintain
compliance with associated restrictions, including limiting gatherings, three open houses will be held online. Visit the
virtual open houses to learn about and provide feedback on the park master plan
The first virtual open house was open from July 13 to July 31, 2020. There
are two more opportunities to participate in the Woodmansee Park Master Plan
Update. The second open house will be available this fall. If you would like to
be notified of these upcoming opportunities, please sign up to receive email updates and be sure to check the box for Woodmansee Park Master Plan
At the open houses, you can:
- Learn about current park features and potential opportunities for new features at Woodmansee Park
- Provide your input on where new features could be added
- Learn how an Aquifer Storage and Recovery System (ASR) works
- See what the future improvements are and when they are coming to the Woodmansee ASR
- Take our survey
- Ask questions and make comments
Sign-up to receive email updates
Receive updates on the master plan update as it moves forward.
Click here to subscribe to park planning update emails.