How To Register
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is encouraged, and registration is finalized once fees are paid in full. Program registrations are now accepted by the following methods:
- Visit us in person at the Parks and Recreation Services office.
- Register online.
- For some programs, on-site registrations are accepted. Call our office at 503-588-6261 for more information.
The City of Salem provides programs taught by City Recreation Leaders as well as partnership programs taught by contracted instructors. Programs led by Recreation Leaders offer fee waivers to qualified Salem residents.
To receive a fee waiver the parent/guardian must live within Salem city limits and provide proof of one of the following in person at the Parks and Recreation Services office:
- Oregon Trail Card
- Oregon Health Plan
- WIC Card
- Letter of free/reduced lunch program from Salem-Keizer School District
If you would like more information, call the Parks and Recreation Services office at 503-588-6261.
Cancellations and Refunds
The City of Salem reserves the right to cancel programs when minimum enrollment is not met.
- Full refunds are issued when programs are cancelled.
- Refunds requested before the first day of programs will be reimbursed at half the registration fee.
- Refunds requested after the first day of programs will not be granted.
Refunds can be requested by calling Parks and Recreation Services at 503-588-6261.
Special accommodations are available, upon request, for persons with disabilities or languages other than spoken English.
Accommodations may be requested one of two ways:
- When registering for programs online, note the requested accommodation when adding participant information.
- Call Parks and Recreation Services at least three business days in advance.
If you need help understanding this information, please call Parks and Recreation Services at 503-588-6261.